Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Silly me

I've noticed in particular stressful times, as I keep grumbling my circumstances, it just simply gets worse and worse. The more I complain, I just keep on sinking, lower and lower...and lower and lower...till I cough and splutter...and when I have little strength to keep my head above the water...then do I look up to my Lord and cry for help.

Amid the howling winds and raging waters, this is when I focus on Him and trust Jesus with my whole heart and mind and soul that I feel calm and at peace. But as soon as I get frightful and look around the gusting winds, I tremble and sink yet again. I wonder why time and time again I just refuse to focus on God and to trust Him that is a BIG God, and a God who provides. Rather, I just get caught up in my circumstances, which only makes the situation worse. Ai yo, silly me!

1 comment: