Tuesday, May 19, 2009

:)

Uni. Church. Coaching. This routine and their related activities have taken a toll, and I've felt quiet drained lately. I've taken more coaching schools this semester, and probably have taken on too much.

Originally, I asked God to give me more opportunities to earn more money as I wished to go overseas in the near future (and other things). It was really quite amazing how, in response, I was blessed with so many more opportunities for coaching this semester. However, it is interesting that such a blessing can become a stumbling book as I decided for myself what to do, instead of seeking what God wants in my life. Perhaps driven by ambition and greed: a love for money (which is strongly disapproved by Jesus according to the Bible), I kept on saying yes to more schools.

I made the decision on Sunday that I would cease coaching at a few schools. Although I'm on casual, it's not easy at this time of the year for my boss to find a replacement coach and is disruptive for students. But anyways, I explained to my boss my situation. To my relief and joy, my boss fully understood my situation, and told me not to be concerned about finding replacement coaches. By me giving up a few schools, normally I would lose those schools, as the coaches replacing me would usually take the schools the following terms.

To my surprise, my boss praised me for my efforts in other schools (my boss is never present - so I guess he gets feedback from teacher/students), and said that he desired that I re-took those schools when I'm less busy next term, which is an extra blessing! So he reasurred me that those coaches who were replacing me, are only replacing me when I'm stressed :O. The first 8 weeks or so of uni I can take up more coaching, but when it's closer to exams, that's when it gets difficult. And next semester closer to exams when I'm stressed out, I think he said that he'll do the same thing.

Coaching sessions for me start decreasing next week, and after next week, things should hopefully be alot lighter, which is awesome!

So I really thank God for His awesome providence, and the challenge for me now is to remember what I have (the material possessions) is actually His, so I'm merely looking after what He's given me to look after and further His kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. nice... good to see how God has been helping you :D

    ReplyDelete