Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Provider

Yesterday I had an assignment due @ 4pm. And it turned quite eventful. :P This is what happened:

In the early morning, I was reminded how God provides for us. A friend sent me an email of God provided for her test. Also remembered how another friend had an exam that day, and I remembered thinking: okay, I look forward hearing how God provides for her. This made me wonder how God would provide for me, especially since my assignment was only half-finished.

2:50pm: I still had not finished my assignment yet. I sprinted to my bus stop and got there @ exactly 2:55pm (my bus was due to come @ 2:55pm).

Waited for 10mins-ish and bus still did not come. Thought: "uh oh", and really wondered how God would provide for me this time. Started singing the first song that came to mind, being: "Seek ye First the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be given to you as well". I thought, there really is no point waiting...I should walk to another bus stop. And then...noticed a car pulled over, and I realised, hey this is my friend. He drove me to Sunnybank, where it's easier to catch the bus to uni.

3:20pm: I continued working on my assignment on my laptop @ the bus station, while I was waiting for the bus. I noticed that there was a passenger getting onto a bus in the corner of my eye. I raced towards the bus - but it started to leave. I thought I'll give it a wave, maybe God will help me out here...but nope, driver ignores me.

3:30pm: Transferred from sunnybank to Griffith Busway. Was waiting for a bus direct to uni now. I thought: now there really is no way how I'm going to get to uni on time. I still need to transfer my document onto a uni comp, and then print it out, and then hand it in. I just wonder why God provide for me bits and pieces (like provide transport for me to go to a more central bus station), but not fully provide - gonna be late! What's He doing?! But then I was also reminded that God is sovereign, and after all, He is God. There's nothing I've done, or ever done that warrants His love and grace. He does whatever to get His name glorified.

3:50pm: Got to uni. I had a thought: God's really going to provide this time. I know it. Jogged to the library. When I got to the library I thought: uh oh, it's pretty hard to find a comp right now at this time. Oh how right I was. Pretty packed library. I thought: Okay, God, by Your grace, by your grace, please. You've provided for me so much, you'll continue providing for me, right. A few more steps, and a guy just in front of me left...Go God!

3:57pm: I printed & stapled the pages of my asssignment. Noticing that my laptop was quite heavy, I approached the librarian and said: "I have an assignment due in a few minutes, would you mind looking after my laptop while I sprint to hand it in on time?" He was okay with that.

3:58pm: SPRINTED & stuffed my assignment down the pidgeon hole @ 3:59pm according to my watch. Acting like a fool, I asked the staff what the time was according to their clock. She said: "1 minute....to 4". :D :D :D


So, God is good. :D He is loving, gracious, compassionate, and amazingly sovereign. Although it was my fault for leaving it so late, He still graciously provides for us. Even tho assignments are so, so incredibly tiny in His eyes. What hit me the most was the knowing that I have done NOTHING to deserve all the amazing things He's done for me. And what Has he done? Yes, provides for helping me get my assignment in on time. But that's not it. MOST importantly, He has provided Jesus.

Friends, He provided Jesus, the only worthy One to take God's wrath. He provided Jesus to take the punishment that we rightly deserved as a result of our disobedience to God. He provided Jesus, so that we might know God, and spend eternity with our loving and almighty Saviour. :D Woohoo!

ps. Sorry for this incredibly wordy post. I hope it makes sense. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment