Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Where does my help come from?

The Psalmist in Psalm 121 says:

I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let ur foot slip - he who watches over u will not slumber...
...The Lord watches over you - the Lord is ur shade at ur right hand...
...The Lord will keep u from all harm - he will watch over ur life;
the Lord will watch over ur coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Recently, I've been going through some stressful issues. Often I try to tackle my problems with my own ability - for example, by rationalising things and solving them with my own strength, without seeking God. Very quickly do I realise that it's foolish to merely solve things on my own, it just does not work!

I'm reminded by this Psalm to seek God and focus on Him especially in this time of need. Just speaking on my present experience, when I entrust to Him my problems and trust that He will take care of them, I see how small these problems are in comparison to our BIG God; and see how mighty He is. I wonder sometimes, why, I don't just go to God when hardship comes. Because I know if I do, I will be peaced out, knowing that God is in full control.

No comments:

Post a Comment