Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Goodness and Coffee

Today was my first day of work experience.

It was great - nice and relaxing. There is such a friendly working environment there - a friendly boss and friendly solicitors, unlimited access to the boss' food (their golden rule), and - exceptional coffee.

I'm no coffee expert but, I must say, it's the best I've ever had. It was just amazing. Amazing machine, amazing frothy stuff, amazing coffee beans. There were a nice variety of quality coffee beans available - about 20ish - all subtly and stylishly different. I only tasted one coffee bean type today, looking forward to the next time I work.

But what hit me the most today was: God's goodness. A month or two ago, I applied to many firms. Some responded initially, but not long after the first phone-call/email/interview, there were no more. It made me wonder - opportunities were open and slammed with a bang.

When I came to this particular firm's interview, God reminded me that He is the One that opens doors and closes them. I don't need to fear and be anxious (though I was!), as He shall open and close doors by will.

I had a drama getting to that interview. I was actually late. I somehow got extremely lost - despite it only being a 10 min drive from my place (and I left 45 mins early!). I was speeding and also nearly crashed. But God in His mercy - got me there - and presented me with such an awesome job environment. He provides, hey. :)

But I don't understand God's goodness... Anyways, all I know is that God's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment